Founded in 1997, Group Planners Inc. is an independent, full-service insurance agency focused on employee benefits, compliance, HR technology & administration. Our team of experienced benefit advisors has only one objective, to exceed the expectations of our clients and their members.
We partner with the very best insurance companies and benefit solution companies to provide highly customized benefit solutions. Our specialty is group health insurance. Unlike most agencies we are not beholden to traditional bundled solutions that lack creativity, cost-control and are often riddled with misaligned incentives and limited access to actionable data.
We combine a consultative approach with a clear understanding of how and when to deploy GPI’s vast resources.
When you choose us, you’ll be joining thousands of other members and organizations who made the decision to select an agency that offers next generation benefit solutions and cost control strategies that out-perform the status-quo approach which failed the American worker.
Benefit Strategy Reimagined
It all starts with a conversation that focuses on the current benefit strategies impact on the members, the HR team and the business objectives. An optimal benefit strategy is part of the overall business strategy. Our advisors understand the role benefits, especially health insurance, play in a company’s ability to attract and retain their ideal employee.
Optimizing group health plans requires an understanding of health care and insurance, as well as, the misaligned incentives inherent in both. A lack of transparency and actionable data have kept employers and members in the dark. This is the failure of the fee-for-service health care model and managed care plans.
Contrary to popular belief, improved quality and lower costs are achieved by enhancing benefits not reducing them. When members become informed healthcare consumers, they are better equipped to navigate a complex healthcare system with clarity and purpose. This ensures they receive the highest-value care possible and get more from their health insurance spend and yours.
Group Planners Inc. developed BritePath benefit strategy to make underperforming health plans a thing of the past. BritePath is comprised of the following components; Health, Pharmacy, Insights and Engage. Employers that implement all or some of the BritePath strategies can put their benefit strategy back on track and save 20% or more.
Commitment to Excellence
Clients stay with Group Planners Inc. because of our emphasis on service. But here are a few reasons why they come to us in the first place:
- A reputation for integrity, transparency and putting our clients’ interests first
- Strong relationships with the nation’s leading insurance carriers, as well as, regional and specialty insurers and third-party administrators
- Market expertise and deep industry knowledge
- A full array of insurance products and solutions for companies of any size—from large employers with multiple offices throughout the country to small businesses on Main Street, USA.
- A commitment to educate our clients and their members so they can better navigate the highly complex healthcare system which can easily reduce the healthcare spend by 20 percent or more
- Our strong relationship with Health Rosetta emphasizes our commitment toward improved financial performance and improved quality of care for employees
- A strong relationship with independent TPA’s and transparent Pharmacy Benefit Managers enhances the benefit experience for our partially self-insured clients
- Enhanced data analytics and care management provides our partially self-insured clients with actionable data to quickly address outlier claimants and costly specialty medications resulting in significantly lower cost share for members and their employer
Our President and Co-Founder
Louis Bernardi, has over 28 years of employee benefit experience; both as a wholesale and retail advisor. Lou is proud to be among the first 150 advisors accepted into Health Rosetta; an eco-system of forward-thinking advisors and solution partners that share his passion for helping people and businesses customize health plans that enhance benefits, improve outcomes and reduce costs.
Lou is the innovator behind BritePath benefit strategies that flattens the curve on health insurance costs